And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus…
I. THAT THE TRUE FRIENDS OF CHRIST SHOULD FOLLOW HIM CONSTANTLY, CLOSELY, AND COLLECTIVELY. But why should we be anxious to follow Christ thus?
1. Because it would gratify and glorify Christ.
2. Because it would bring great blessings to our own souls.
3. Because such following would exert a blessed influence over our fellow creatures.
II. But while the friends of Christ should thus follow Him constantly, closely, and collectively, THEY SHOULD ALSO PREACH HIM SIMPLY, DIRECTLY, AND LOVINGLY. "Jesus of Nazareth passeth by."
1. The sermon was a very simple one.
2. It was a very evangelical one.
3. It was a very sympathetic or loving one.
Parallel VersesKJV: And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.