Your kingdom come, Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
I. The IMPORT of this petition.
1. What kingdom is this? It cannot refer to God's natural kingdom; all such are His already. It refers to His spiritual.
2. What we are to understand by the coming of it?
(1) Its advancement in the hearts of its subjects.
(2) Its extension in the world over the hearts of the ungodly.
(3) It includes the final consummation of the kingdom of grace in glory.
II. The NEED THAT EXISTS FOR STILL OFFERING THIS PRAYER.
1. It is lamentably far from being fully come.
2. Look at the professing Church.
III. Some of the ENCOURAGEMENTS we have to continue presenting this petition,
1. Past success.
2. The character of our weapons of warfare. Truth has power over the conscience.
3. The predictions of the Bible.
Parallel VersesKJV: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.