And when they had kindled a fire in the middle of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.…
I. WHAT IS IMPLIED IN FOLLOWING THE LORD AFAR OFF. Not giving the whole heart's affection to Him.
II. WHAT USUALLY INDUCES ANY PERSONS TO DO SO.
1. The fear of man.
2. The love of the world.
III. WHY WE SHOULD DETERMINE TO FOLLOW HIM FULLY.
1. It is dishonourable to God to follow Him afar off.
2. It is ruinous to our peace to be undecided in religion.
3. To follow the Lord afar off is injurious to the general interests of religion.Allow me, in closing, to inquire —
1. Do you follow the Lord at all?
2. If you are following the Lord, how are you following Him? Is your heart in your professed subjection to Jesus Christ.? What motive influences your conduct?
Parallel VersesKJV: And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.