1 John 3:1-6
Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knows us not…
I. THE MANNER OF LOVE WHICH THE FATHER HATH BESTOWED UPON US.
1. Sovereign in its exercise.
2. Gracious in its communication.
3. Merciful in its regards.
4. Everlasting in its continuance.
II. THE CONSEQUENCES WHICH FLOW TO US FROM THAT LOVE.
1. Present adoption into God's family.
2. Future restoration to His image.
III. THE ATTENTION WITH WHICH THE WHOLE SHOULD BE REGARDED.
1. Your attention should deepen your humility.
2. Your attention should strengthen your confidence.
3. Your attention should excite your affection.
(W. Mudge, B. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.