1 Chronicles 4:9-10
And Jabez was more honorable than his brothers: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bore him with sorrow.…
I. THE PRAYER before us. Very striking is the ardour of expression contained in these words, "Bless me"; "Bless me"; "Bless me indeed"; Oh, that Thou wouldest bless me"; and "Oh I that Thou wouldest bless me indeed."
II. OUR ENCOURAGEMENT TO PRAY THE SAME. "God granted Jabez that which he requested." This shows us —
1. That God heareth prayer.
2. That God answereth prayer.
3. That God will grant us that which we request of Him.Address:
1. Any among you who may live prayerlessly.
2. Any of you who may pray formally.
3. Any of you who do truly pray.
(W. Mudge, B. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.