There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
I. THE FUNDAMENTAL FACT.
1. In Christ, as the stone is in the building.
2. As the fugitive is in the city of refuge.
3. As in a seed.
II. THE GREAT CONSEQUENCES OF THIS FUNDAMENTAL FACT.
1. Distinction of nations ceases.
2. Distinction between man and man ceases.
3. Distinction between strong and weak ceases.The native consequence of a fallen state is the mastery of 'the strong over the weak. Might makes right. And to the everlasting disgrace of the male sex the woman became the bond slave of the stronger man. The only shield of woman's natural rights is the principle here stated. Thus with one stroke of the pen St. Paul settles the national, personal, and sexual rights of men. By one short sentence he solves the three greatest problems of human society — peace, liberty, fraternity. When all men ate one in Christ, earth will once more be a province of heaven.
(J. G. Murphy, LL. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.