But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed.…
I. THERE IS A TRUE GOSPEL.
1. He was convinced of the truth of the gospel, because it had been made known to him by Divine revelation.
2. He was convinced of the truth of the gospel, because of the change if had wrought in him.
3. He was assured of the truth of the gospel by the manifestations of its power in others.
II. THERE IS A FALSE GOSPEL.
1. It was a false gospel to teach that there was any other plan by which a sinner could be justified than by believing upon Jesus Christ.
2. It was a false gospel to teach that believers ought to obey the ceremonial law.
III. THE PUBLICATION OF A FALSE GOSPEL IS A GREAT EVIL.
1. The publication of a false gospel is ruinous to man.
2. The publication of a false gospel is dishonouring to God.Lessons:
1. Amid the various methods by which the truth of the gospel is established, there is some one in particular that suits the condition of every man.
2. On the part of those who labour in the gospel, there should be the deepest and most solemn conviction concerning the truth they declare.
3. Faith in the true gospel is essential to salvation; without it, the soul is accursed.
Parallel VersesKJV: But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.