And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.…
1. So humble and obscure that tradition, so industrious in marking every spot trodden by His blessed feet, fails to point it out.
2. In this lowly dwelling Christ first preached His gospel.
3. It was, the first sanctuary of the Christian faith. Where does Christ dwell now?
I. IN HEAVEN (Luke 24:51; Hebrews 10:12).
1. Then He is visible only to faith?
2. There He ever lives to make intercession.
II. IN HIS CHURCH (Exodus 20:24; Matthew 18:20).
1. There He is worshipped.
2. There we commune with Him.
III. IN THE HEARTS OF HIS FAITHFUL PEOPLE (Proverbs 23:26; Ephesians 3:17).
1. In spite of their unworthiness.
2. In response to faith and love.
3. To animate hope.
(John N. Norton.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.