And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
I. HIS NAME.
II. HIS WORK.
1. Whom He saves — "His people."
2. From what He saves — "their sins."
3. How He saves. By His atonement He saves them virtually; by His spirit, vitally; by His grace, constantly; by His power, eternally. Remarks:
(1) Jesus as a suitable Saviour;
(2) a willing Saviour;
(3) an all-sufficient Saviour.
Parallel VersesKJV: And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.