For as much then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same…
I. AN IMPORTANT FACT IN REFERENCE TO THE SAVIOUR.
1. He assumed true human nature.
2. He did this for the welfare of mankind.
II. THE GREAT OBJECT AND DESIGN CONNECTED WITH THIS FACT,
1. Death is that to which all mankind are subject.
2. Death is placed in the power of the great adversary of man.
3. The prospect of death exposes men to a fear amounting to mental bondage.
4. Christ delivers mankind from this bondage.Because Christ has made an atonement, Satan has no longer power over men to keep them in bondage. It only remains that we make an application of this atonement by faith, and then over us death has no more power.
(J. Parsons, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
WEB: Since then the children have shared in flesh and blood, he also himself in the same way partook of the same, that through death he might bring to nothing him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,