And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
I. The everlasting state of the righteous. It will consist of:
(1) Perfect knowledge;
(2) Perfect love;
(3) Perfect purity;
(4) Perfect felicity.
II. The eternal state of the wicked. Includes:
1. The privation of infinite good.
(1) They have lost heaven and all its blessedness at once.
(2) They are strangers to the endearments and consolations of friendship.
(3) Nor is there any, the smallest, rest from pain.
2. The infliction of infinite evil. Tormentors in hell:
(4) The sufferer will be his own tormentor;
Parallel VersesKJV: And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.