And the LORD God called to Adam, and said to him, Where are you?
I. THE SINNER'S RETREAT.
1. Complete thoughtlessness.
2. The occupations of life.
3. The moralities of life.
4. The forms and observances of religion.
II. THE SAINT'S RETREAT. "I flee unto Thee to hide me" —
(1) from the terrors of the law;
(2) from the hostility and hatred of men;
(3) from the trials and calamities of life;
(4) from the fear and tyranny of death.
(A. Raleigh, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?