Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands to God.
I. THE PRESENT MOURNFUL CONDITION OF THE HEATHEN WORLD WITHOUT GOD.
1. Enveloped in gross darkness.
2. Groping in vain and painfully to find happiness.
3. In a state of rebellion against God.
4. Hopeless and helpless in their state of darkness.
II. THE GLORIOUS PROSPECT WHICH THESE WORDS HOLD OUT OF THEIR CONVERSION TO GOD.
1. The Word of God shall yet be sent, and the Gospel shall be preached unto them.
2. The power of the Holy Spirit accompanying the Word will render it effectual for their salvation.
3. The ultimate success of the Gospel among the heathen is most certain.
4. The present time affords great encouragement to earnest, energetic and prayerful efforts for the salvation of the heathen.
Parallel VersesKJV: Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.