And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.…
I. CHRIST MERITED THE HIGHEST ESTEEM OF ALL HIS PEOPLE.
1. In Himself He is the most lovely of objects.
2. From Him the disciples have received the most delightful instruction.
3. He has died to save them from the direst of evils and lives to procure for them the highest blessings.
4. His laws are the conditions upon which our well-being is secured.
II. THERE ARE IN CHRIST'S DISCIPLES SUCH THINGS AS RENDER THEIR LOVE TO CHRIST SUSPICIOUS.
1. Sad neglect of public worship.
2. Backwardness in prayer.
3. Reluctance to study the Scriptures.
4. Passion easily agitated.
5. Fear of death.
III. THE METHOD OF GETTING RID OF ALL THAT RENDERS OUR LOVE SUSPICIOUS. Obedience:
Parallel VersesKJV: And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.