The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
I. RICH AND POOR MEET TOGETHER IN THEIR ORDINARY ALLOTMENTS OF LIFE.
II. IN THE ORDINARY CHARACTERISTICS OF THEIR NATURE.
1. The body has the same number of bones and muscles, nerves and sinews, in any of which disease may fasten and pain may enter.
2. Nor is our exposure any the less in our minds.
3. Our sensibilities are the same.
III. IN THEIR DESTINIES IN THE COMMON HEREAFTER.
1. We all meet at the grave.
2. We all meet at the judgment.
3. We all meet in eternity.
IV. IN THEIR RIGHTS UNDER THE GOSPEL.
1. There is the same need in the fallen nature.
2. The same supply furnished in the inexhaustible mercy of a crucified Redeemer.
3. The same clear condition annexed to the call.
4. The same unalterable pledge annexed to the promise.
5. The same fulness of fruition held out in answer to every hope at the last.There is no property qualification whatsoever for citizenship in the kingdom of God.
(Chas. S. Robinson, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.