What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, has found?…
1. A simple childlike dependence on the naked Word of God.
2. An acceptance of, and trust in, God's promised Saviour.
3. A renouncing of his own works as meritorious.
4. A faith that wrought by love, making him the friend of God.
5. One that overcame the world, leading him to seek a better country.
6. One that evidenced its reality by a self-denying obedience.
(T. Robinson, of Cambridge.)
Parallel VersesKJV: What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?