1 Peter 3:10-11
For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:…
1. We are to eschew all evil, even the least.
2. All persons are to eschew the same, not the greatest excepted; God's law binds them, be they princes, magistrates, ministers, etc. They should eschew it most, for by their example they do most hurt.
3. At all times. Some things be in season at one time, some at another, but sin is never in season.
4. In all places. God is the God of all places, neither can any place change the nature of sin. Thou must eschew sin as well abroad as at home; in thy house, chamber, shop, as well as at church.
5. All kinds of sin are also to be avoided. Error in judgment and wickedness in conversation, evil against God, our neighbours, or ourselves.
6. We must also avoid evil under what colour or pretence soever it comes.
Parallel VersesKJV: For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: