And there shall you remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein you have been defiled…
I. In ITS COMMENCEMENT God accomplishes it in a variety of ways.
1. By the dispensations of His providence.
2. By the conversion of some pious friend.
3. By the public ministry of the Word.
4. By the secret operation of His Spirit upon the soul.
II. In ITS PROGRESS.
1. He reveals that covenant to us.
2. He enables us to lay hold on it.
3. He confers upon us all the blessings.Remarks —
1. How sovereign God is in the dispensations of His mercy.
2. How mysterious are His dealings with the children of men.
3. How you may best answer all the purposes of His grace.
(C. Simeon, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed.