He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.
showed what glory accrued from the sufferings of Christ.
I. TO THE SON HIMSELF.
1. In completing His engagements with the Father.
2. In redeeming from death a ruined world.
II. TO THE FATHER THROUGH THE SON.
1. In the display of all His perfections.
2. In the accomplishment of all His purposes.
III. TO THE SON BY AND WITH THE FATHER.
1. In the testimonies borne to Him under His sufferings.
2. In the triumphant issue of them.
3. In the benefits conferred in consideration of them.
(C. Simeon, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.