Then said he to me, Have you seen this, O son of man? turn you yet again, and you shall see greater abominations than these.…
Apply this passage —
I. TO THE WORLD.
1. The abominations that are visible to all are exceeding great.
2. But the more we know of the world, the more wicked will it appear.
II. THE CHURCH.
1. The outward court worshippers are, for the most part, exceedingly corrupt.
2. Would to God we could except from this censure the worshippers of the inner court.
III. THE HEART.
1. This, the Prophet tells us, is superlatively deceitful.
2. It is also, as the same Prophet informs us, unsearchably wicked.Behold here, then —
(1) The folly of man
(2) The forbearance of God.
(3) The wonders of Redeeming Love.
(C. Simeon, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.