Pilate said to them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say to him, Let him be crucified.
I. SOME KIND OF ANSWER MUST BE GIVEN TO THIS QUESTION.
1. It cannot be evaded. You must answer it.
2. Jesus Christ is offered to you as a means of salvation, etc., and you are free to accept or reject; but one of these two things you must do.
3. We know how Pilate answered this question.
4. This is the great question of the age.
5. It is a personal question.
II. CONSIDER SOME OF THE ANSWERS THAT have been given to this question.
1. Some answer it by placing themselves in direct opposition to Christ, they give it a bold negative, they deny His Divinity, His gospel, and His claims.
2. Others give an answer that seems more respectful: they say, "Probably His claims are well founded; but association with Him would involve separation from friends and pursuits we love — we will do without Him," etc.
3. Others give a somewhat imposing reply, but think they need not be too intimate with Him, etc.
4. Others admit His claims but delay their decision.
5. Others accept Him as their Guide and Saviour, etc.
III. THE ANSWER GOD EXPECTS US TO GIVE. Welcome Him to our hearts. Love Him supremely. Obey Him fully. Serve Him faithfully and constantly.
Parallel VersesKJV: Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.