And after six days Jesus takes Peter, James, and John his brother, and brings them up into an high mountain apart,…
"Hear ye Him."
I. WHY SHOULD WE HEAR HIM?
1. Because God Himself commands us.
2. Because He deserves to be heard.
3. Because His message concerns your present and future welfare.
4. With what zest should those of us hear Him who profess to be His disciples.
5. Sinners must hear Him in this day of grace, or in the day of judgment.
II. WHAT ARE WE TO HEAR?
1. There is much to hear concerning the Person of Christ.
2. He has many varieties of utterance, but by whomsoever He speaks let us hear Him?
3. The word of the Lord is not always a voice of instruction, but of command.
4. He also gives the word of consolation.
III. How SHALL WE HEAR HIM.
1. With devout reverence.
IV. WHEN SHALL WE HEAR HIM?
(C. H. Spurgeon.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,