Then Jesus went there, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.…
I. THE MOUTH OF FAITH CAN NEVER BE CLOSED.
1. It cannot be closed on account of the closed ear and mouth of Christ.
2. Not by the conduct of the disciples.
3. Not by exclusive doctrine which appeared to confine the blessing to a favoured few.
4. Not by a sense of admitted unworthiness.
5. -Not by the darkest and most depressing influences.
II. FAITH NEVER DISPUTES WITH THE LORD.
1. Faith assents to all the Lord says — "Truth, Lord."
2. It worships.
3. She did not suggest that any alteration should be made for her.
III. FAITH ARGUES.
1. She argued from her hopeful position — "I am a dog, but Thou hast come all the way to Sidon, — I am under Thy table."
2. Her next plea was her encouraging relationship — "Master's table."
3. She pleads her association with the children.
4. She pleads the abundance of the provision
5. She looked at things from Christ's point of view.
IV. FAITH WINS HER SUIT.
1. Her faith won a commendation for itself.
2. She gained her desire.This woman is a lesson to all who imagine themselves outside the pale of salvation; an example to all whose efforts after salvation have been apparently repulsed; a lesson to every intercessor.
(C. H. Spurgeon.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.