1 Thessalonians 5:6
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
I. WHAT ARE WE TO WATCH AGAINST?
2. The temptations of the enemy.
4. The lust of the flesh and of the eye and the pride of life.
II. WHAT ARE WE TO WATCH FOR?
1. Opportunities —
(1) To instruct the ignorant.
(2) To confirm the weak.
(3) To comfort the afflicted.
(4) To glorify Christ.
2. The promises.
3. Answers to prayer.
4. The Second Coming of Christ.
(C. H. Spurgeon.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.