Hear you the word which the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel:…
I. WHAT IS THE WORD OF THE LORD? His law and Gospel.
II. WHAT IS IMPLIED IN HEARING THE WORD OF GOD?
1. That we attend His ordinances.
2. That we observe what we hear.
3. That we understand what we observe.
4. That we believe what we understand.
5. That we remember what we believe.
6. That we practise what we remember.
7. That we continue in what we practise.
III. WHY SHOULD WE HEAR?
1. Because God has commanded it.
2. Because it is for our great interest, it being the means of repentance, faith, light, comfort, and leads to eternal happiness.
IV. HOW WORTHY OF REPROOF ARE THEY —
1. Who do not come to hear.
2. Who do not hear when they are come.
3. Who do not mind what they hear if they do come.
4. Who do not understand what they give attention to.
5. Who will not believe what they understand.
6. Who will not practise what they believe.
1. Hear God's Word with reverence.
Parallel VersesKJV: Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: