Your people shall be willing in the day of your power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning…
I. THE DEW DESCENDS FROM HEAVEN.
1. Every moral production of the earth is impure. Man — systems — institutions — maxims.
2. The productions of the earth may be known by their distinguishing characteristics. The naturalist knows the country of an animal. The botanist, of a plant. The moralist, of a sentiment, or action, or character.
3. The character of the believer proves him not of the world. "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world."
4. The Bible tells his native country.
(1) He is Divine in his parentage.
(2) The Spirit comes down to regenerate him.
(3) Grace comes down to animate and actuate, etc.
5. Do you feel heaven-born and home affections towards heaven?
II. THE DEW DESCENDS DURING THE NIGHT.
1. The present is to the heavenly state as night to day. It is now that the believer is regenerated and sanctified.
2. A season of suffering is to one of personal joy, as night is to day. It is in suffering that the believer is most effectually purified.
III. THE DEW-DROPS ARE VERY PLENTIFUL.
1. Believers are a little flock, in any past time — at present — at any one given time.
2. They shall be more numerous during the latter-day glory.
3. They shall be very numerous in heaven.
IV. THE DEW-DROPS REFRESH THE VEGETABLE WORLD.
1. Believers, being themselves refreshed, refresh others.
(1) By their conversation.
(2) By their example.
(3) By their prayers.
(4) By their deeds of kindness.
2. Are you to your neighbourhood as a dew from the Lord?
V. EACH DEW-DROP REFLECTS THE SUN'S IMAGE.
1. Man originally bore God's image.
2. When renewed he again bears it.
3. What is it to have God's image?
(1) The same views — Bible views.
(2) The same objects — His glory in redemption.
(3) The same character — in heart and life.
4. When the believer thinks of God, how high is the attainment of bearing His image!
5. Do you love His law — doings — designs — character — fellowship — people?
VI. THE DEW REASCENDS TO HEAVEN WHEN IT HAS REFRESHED THE EARTH.
1. Even now the believer soars aloft — in thought — desire — conversation — hope — confident anticipation.
2. At death, his soul ascends — a constant ascension.
3. At the resurrection, his body ascends.
4. Are your tendencies heavenward?
VII. WHEN THE DEW ASCENDS, IT IS IN PERFECT PURITY, FREED FROM ANY MIXTURE OF EARTH.
Parallel VersesKJV: Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.