But go you your way till the end be: for you shall rest, and stand in your lot at the end of the days.
Daniel's career was neither smooth nor easy. But the course he chose was so sure and true that this text, the last recorded voice to him from Heaven, bade him pursue it patiently, in sure expectation of a happy eternity.
I. HIS WAY.
1. The way of resolute consecration to God.
2. The way d steadfast faith in Divine friendship.
3. The way of regular private devotion and BibLe study.
II. THE END PROMISED HIM. "The end of that man is peace."
1. Repose in Hades.
2. A personal share, at the resurrection, of Christ's Kingdom.
3. An inheritance for ever. Let the Heavenly word which closes the book of Daniel
(1) awaken the undecided; and
(2) confirm the resolution of the believing to adopt his course.
(David Dale Stewart, M.A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.