There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
I. THIS IS A DOCTRINE INSISTED ON THROUGHOUT THE NEW TESTAMENT.
II. THE ANCIENT WORLD DID NOT RECOGNIZE THE ONENESS OF THE RACE.
1. Savage tribes preyed on each other as they do now.
2. Jew and Greek were at irreconcilable enmity.
3. Philosophers taught that there was an immutable distinction between freeman and slave, male and female.
III. CHRISTIANITY CAME TO CHANGE ALL THAT and —
1. To teach the vivifying doctrines of the Fatherhood of God, and the brotherhood of man.
2. To die that all might be gathered into His fold.
IV. This unity in Christ makes us feel at one with the great and good;
(1) of all ages;
(2) of all climes;
(3) of all denominations;
(4) of all sorts of society.
Parallel VersesKJV: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.