Hear the word of the LORD, you that tremble at his word; Your brothers that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said…
I. THE DISTINGUISHING CHARACTER OF ACCEPTABLE WORSHIPPERS. They "tremble at His word." This fear arises from —
1. Their tender love and reverence for the Author of the Word.
2. A settled delight in the holiness of that Word.
3. Produced alike by the terror of the threatenings and the sweetness of the promises.
II. THE SPIRITUAL REGARD WHICH GOD PAYS TO THEM.
1. He looks upon them.
2. He dwells with them.
3. He vindicates their cause from the rebuke of enemies.
4. He brings them for ever to dwell with Him.
Parallel VersesKJV: Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
WEB: Hear the word of Yahweh, you who tremble at his word: "Your brothers who hate you, who cast you out for my name's sake, have said, 'Let Yahweh be glorified, that we may see your joy;' but it is those who shall be disappointed.