My brothers, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations;…
I. THE DISCIPLINE OF THIS SCHOOL SHOULD BE CHEERFULLY MET.
1. Because trials test our faith.
2. The working of faith develops patience.
3. Patience tends to completeness of character.
II. THE ADVANTAGES OF THIS SCHOOL ARE OBTAINED BY PRAYER.
1. Spiritual excellence is the chief subject of prayer.
2. The great God is the only object of prayer.
3. Unwavering confidence is the power of prayer.
(U. R. Thomas.)
Parallel VersesKJV: My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;