1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice ever more.…
I. A CHRISTIAN PRIVILEGE. The Christian may rejoice evermore because —
1. Nothing that befalls him can hurt him.
2. Everything must benefit him in proportion as it aims to injure him.
II. A CHRISTIAN PRECEPT. The act of rejoicing has a power —
III. A CHRISTIAN PROMISE.
1. As to the Christian's future.
2. That the cause for joy should be inexhaustible.
3. That the duration of joy should be endless.
(D. Thomas, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Rejoice evermore.
WEB: Rejoice always.