1 Peter 1:6-9
Wherein you greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, you are in heaviness through manifold temptations:…
I. THE GREAT WORTH OF SOUL SALVATION. This is seen from —
1. The illustrious beings interested in it.
(4) The Spirit of Christ in them all.
2. The Saviour Himself by whom salvation comes.
(1) His sufferings.
(2) His following glories.
II. THE GRADUAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE REVELATION FOR SOUL SALVATION.
1. Predicted by the prophets.
(1) Gradually and partially.
(3) By Divine illumination.
2. Fully declared, announced, and reported.
III. THE SIMPLE MEANS OF ATTAINING SOUL SALVATION.
1. Salvation is —
(1) The thing for which we believe.
(2) The end to which belief leads.
2. This faith is —
(1) Assent of the mind.
(2) Consent of the heart.
(3) Response of the will.
(U. R. Thomas.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: