For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,…
I. THE INSTRUMENT OF TRUE SOUL CULTURE. "The grace of God," i.e., the gospel.
1. It is the love of God.
2. The love of God to save.
3. The love of God revealed to all.
II. THE PROCESS OF TRUE SOUL CULTURE.
1. The renunciation of a wrong course.
2. The adoption of a right course.
3. The fixing of the heart upon a glorious future.
III. THE END OF TRUE SOUL CULTURE.
1. Moral redemption.
2. Spiritual restoration to Christ.
3. Complete devotedness to holy labour.
4. The self-sacrifice of Christ. His gift teaches the enormity of moral evil.
(D. Thomas, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,