And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things said the Amen, the faithful and true witness…
I. ITS REAL CHARACTER WAS THOROUGHLY KNOWN.
II. ITS SPIRITUAL INDIFFERENTISM IS DIVINELY ABHORRENT.
1. Spiritual indifferentism is a most incongruous condition.
2. Spiritual indifferentism is a most incorrigible condition.
III. ITS SELF-DECEPTION IS TERRIBLY ALARMING.
IV. ITS MISERABLE CONDITION NEED NOT BE HOPELESS.
1. Recovery is freely offered.
2. Recovery is Divinely urged.
3. Recovery is Divinely rewarded.
(1) The throne of all approving conscience.
(2) The throne of moral rule.
(D. Thomas, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;