And they called Rebekah, and said to her, Will you go with this man? And she said, I will go.
I. HER HOME LIFE.
1. She was fair, chaste, and modest.
2. She was industrious, courteous, and kind.
3. She was deferential and obedient.
II. HER MARRIAGE.
1. Arranged for by proxy, according to Oriental custom.
2. This match was made in heaven. It was pre-ordained — love at first sight: love all through her life.
III. HER MISTAKES.
1. She consents to pass for Isaac's sister at the court of Gerar.
2. She is partial to Jacob.
3. She teaches Jacob how to deceive.
4. By the use of deception she secures the blessing for her favourite son.
IV. HER SORROW.
1. A divided household — the result of favouritism.
2. Esau's marriage with two Canaanitish women.
3. The separation from Jacob: for she never saw him again after his flight to Mesopotamia.
1. The choice of a wife is an appropriate subject of prayer, and worthy of grave deliberation.
2. Is it right for parents to be partial to their children?
(Lewis O. Thompson.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And they called Rebekah, and said unto her, Wilt thou go with this man? And she said, I will go.