Your kingdom come, Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
1. Not in a spirit of indolent acquiescense.
2. God has a will concerning our actions.
3. God looks on the heart.
4. Three points revealed concerning the life of angels.
(1) Their holiness;
(2) the vitality of their service;
(3) the love.Their angelic obedience is distinguished by holiness, diligence, love.
(1) We must cast away everything that defileth.
(2) We must stir up the gift that is in us to a lovelier, a brighter, a more kindling glow.
(3) Above all, by setting ourselves to that which is the very work of heaven — sympathy and love. In heaven there is no disobedience, no indolence, no selfishness.
(Dr. C. J. Vaughan.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.