As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk you in him:…
It was quite in accordance with Paul's logical mind that he should often place what he is teaching in a proposition: "As ye have received, so walk." All true religion lies in that analogy.
I. THE RECEPTION.
1. As what?
(1) As Christ, the anointed of God;
(2) as Jesus, your Divine Saviour;
(3) as Lord, the King of your heart.
2. How? By an act of faith. Faith was the hand that took the inestimable gift.
3. Whither? Into your hearts.
4. With what consequence? He became united to your very being, and is now your own.
II. THE WALK.
1. As the reception was an act of faith, so the walk must be a walk of faith.
2. As we received pardon for sin, so we must walk in liberty, free from the bondage of sin and fear.
3. As we received Christ Jesus as Lord, so we must walk in the path of His commandments.
(J. Vaughan, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: