And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables, and said,…
I. How THIS UNION TAKES PLACE.
1. The first mover is Christ Himself; but by His sweet constraints we begin to love Him.
2. In the presence of witnesses the covenant of marriage must be ratified. Angels and the Church look on when Christ confesses you to be His.
II. THE CONSEQUENCE.
1. Into Christ you have merged your property, right, name, being, and all.
2. They do wrong who weaken the bonds, chill the feelings, or lower the rule of married life.
3. As Christ has done so much for you, you must be faithful to Him.
(J. Vaughan, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,