Your kingdom come, Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
God's kingdom is a kingdom of many provinces. They are divided by narrow isthmuses; but over the whole there is a unity of system and design, and the same law pervades. There is the kingdom of nature, providence, of grace in the heart of man, in the world, and in the eternal glory.
I. WHAT IS THE KINGDOM OF THE HEART FOR WHICH WE PRAY.
1. It does not consist with the glory and show of this present life — "My kingdom is not of this world."
2. The kingdom of God is not meat and drink.
3. Neither does the kingdom of God come with observation.But it is —
2. It is free. No one knows liberty who does not know the kingdom.
3. It is comprehensive. It gathers up the whole range of things into a system.
4. It is exclusive. The heart grows so full of God that it can hold nothing else.
II. Have you considered WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN when you offer this prayer. God hears and answers, perhaps by loss, bereavement, isolation: thus the kingdom comes into the heart.
(J. Vaughan, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.