And Laban said to Jacob, Because you are my brother, should you therefore serve me for nothing? tell me, what shall your wages be?…
1. No sin against our bodies, or against the trust which man should repose in man or God, goes altogether unpunished.
2. Changes in life are steps in our education by God.
3. God deals with all parts of human dispositions.
4. Yield yourselves unto God.
5. Expect difficulties in your way to do right.
(D. G. Watt, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Laban said unto Jacob, Because thou art my brother, shouldest thou therefore serve me for nought? tell me, what shall thy wages be?