And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:…
Between this man and the other guests there are some points of resemblance, and some of difference. Let us trace —
I. The points of RESEMBLANCE.
1. He Was an invited guest. We are all called to the great feast.
2. He was a needy guest. All equally needy.
3. He was an expectant guest.
II. The points of DIFFERENCE.
1. They differed in their appearances.
2. They not only differed in appearances, but in their principles, in their states, in their conduct. He had neglected to observe the conditions on which admission was granted, etc.
III. THE CAUSES OF THE DIFFERENCE. Perhaps it was carelessness, pride, mind pre-occupied, etc.
IV. The consequences to which it led.
2. Overwhelming confusion.
Parallel VersesKJV: And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: