Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw near, when you shall say…
I. REMEMBER — WHOM? "Thy Creator." As we are indebted to God for our life, and health, and for the powers of the mind, it is most proper that we should remember Him. Will you not —
1. Remember Him and pray?
2. Remember Him and be thankful?
3. Remember Him and be obedient?
4. Remember Him and be watchful?
II. REMEMBER — WHEN?
1. Youth is the time to store the memory. Life is now comparatively free, and all the powers of body and mind are capable of easy development. Now is the time when you may get into the habit of thinking about God, and into the habit of praying, and into the habit of acting from principle and for the glory of God. If you form the habit now it will ever after be easier to do right.
2. Youthful piety will save you from many sins and sorrows.
3. Youthful piety will ennoble and beautify your life.
III. REMEMBER — WHY? Because evil days will come, and a time draw nigh when you will find no pleasure in good things. O how sad it will be if you let the days of youth pass by without giving your heart to Christ!
Parallel VersesKJV: Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;