1 Corinthians 15:47-49
The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.…
I. WHEREIN CONSISTS THE IMAGE OF THE EARTHY.
1. In innocent infirmities; hunger, thirst, weariness, etc., and the like. How unlike are we in this respect to the blessed who hunger no more, and thirst no more, and rest not day nor night.
2. In sinful imperfections, commonly expressed by the want of original righteousness, and the corruption of nature.
3. In the consequences.
(1) The miseries of this life.
(3) A liableness to suffer under the wrath and curse of God for ever.
II. THE RESPECTS IN WHICH TRUE BELIEVERS SHALL BEAR THE IMAGE OF THE HEAVENLY.
1. In the glorious spirituality of the body. How vastly will it differ from what it now is (vers. 42-44).
2. In the perfect holiness of the soul.
3. In complete happiness.
4. In immortality.
Parallel VersesKJV: The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.