When a man shall have in the skin of his flesh a rising, a scab, or bright spot…
1. Of the necessity and moderation of discipline in the Church.
2. That the discipline of the Church be advisedly exercised, not rashly precipitated.
3. Of the wholesome power left to the Church, of binding and loosing, and of obedience to be given thereunto.
4. The law declares men's sins, but does not heal them.
5. Of the diversity of censures in the Church.
(A. Willet, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: When a man shall have in the skin of his flesh a rising, a scab, or bright spot, and it be in the skin of his flesh like the plague of leprosy; then he shall be brought unto Aaron the priest, or unto one of his sons the priests:
WEB: "When a man shall have a rising in his body's skin, or a scab, or a bright spot, and it becomes in the skin of his body the plague of leprosy, then he shall be brought to Aaron the priest, or to one of his sons, the priests: