If a soul sin, and commit a trespass against the LORD, and lie to his neighbor in that which was delivered him to keep…
1. Of careful attention to be given unto the Word of God (ver. 1).
2. To restore things that are lost (ver. 4).
3. Not to make a schism in the Church (ver. 16).
4. That in the morning we should first think of God, and give Him praise.
5. The merciful man shall obtain mercy by his prayers.
(A. Willet, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: If a soul sin, and commit a trespass against the LORD, and lie unto his neighbour in that which was delivered him to keep, or in fellowship, or in a thing taken away by violence, or hath deceived his neighbour;