O sing to the LORD a new song: sing to the LORD, all the earth.…
I. A SUPREME EXISTENCE.
1. Great in His nature — in power, intellect, heart.
2. Great in His work. "Made the heavens."
3. Great in His character.
4. Great in His government.
II. A SUPREME SERVICE.
2. Fresh. "A new song." The song of yesterday will not do for to-day, for there are fresh motives, fresh mercies, fresh needs.
3. Constant. Worship as an occasional service is worthless, it is only worship as it becomes an all-pervading spirit, a permeating, dominating inspiration. "From day to day."
4. Universal. "All the earth." "Ye kindreds of the people." This service is confined to no tribe or class of men, all sustain the same relation to the Supreme Existence, and out of the same relationship the same common obligations spring.
(1) Acknowledgment of God's claims.
(2) Proclamation of God's glory to the world.
Parallel VersesKJV: O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.