1 Corinthians 15:11
Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so you believed.
I. A FAITHFUL MINISTRY.
1. The gospel preached. Not scientific or philosophical discussions occupied St. Paul's ministry or that of his fellow apostles, but he proclaimed —
(1) Christ's atoning death.
(2) Christ's certified resurrection. These must be ever the themes of a true minister.
2. The character possessed.
(1) Humility breathes through the words, "I am not worthy to be called an apostle." What true minister of God feels his worthiness to handle those sacred truths?
(2) Dependence on Divine grace. "By the grace of God I am what I am," etc.
3. The work accomplished. "I laboured more abundantly than they all." Follow the zealous work of St. Paul from Damascus to Rome. Labour for God must be earnest and abundant.
II. A FAITHFUL PEOPLE. "So ye believed." The death and resurrection of Christ preached in the spirit of humility, and the co-operation of the grace of God, "the grace of God with me," should ever produce this result — faith.
Parallel VersesKJV: Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.