Local Preacher's Treasury
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,…
I. THE PERSON REFEERED TO. Show —
1. His Divinity.
2. His humanity.
3. Union of both.
4. Superiority to angels and all other existences.
II. WHAT THIS PERSON DID. "Gave Himself for us."
III. THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH HE GAVE HIMSELF FOR US.
1. To "redeem" or deliver us; not from poverty, or affliction, or death, but from "iniquity" — all iniquity — its guilt, condemnation, power, inbeing, consequences.
2. To "purify" us; to separate us unto Himself from the world and sin; "a peculiar people" — in nature, names, possessions.
3. "Zealous of good works" — not passive, but active.Lessons: Our redemption is —
1. Wrought out by love and blood.
2. Entire and perfect.
3. Into blessed experience and useful living.
(Local Preacher's Treasury.)
Parallel VersesKJV: For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,