And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,…
I. THE EXHIBITION OF CHARACTER WHICH IT GIVES US. Here we perceive —
1. The Saviour's deep interest in the state of man.
2. The Saviour's compassion to the chief of sinners.
II. The sentiments it conveys.
1. That there are things belonging to a man's peace which it becomes him to know.
2. That there is a day in which a man might know these things.
3. That if this day be wasted these things will be hidden from him.
Parallel VersesKJV: And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,