S. S. Times
And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spoke…
Wherever the gospel is proclaimed with power —
1. It secures believers. The Word of God does not return to Him void.
2. It secures some bitter enemies. It divides every community into two parties.
3. People are not content with merely rejecting the gospel for themselves. They stir up the minds of others to make them evil-affected against its preachers.
4. The Lord is sure to bear witness unto the Word of His grace.
5. Its preachers must expect personal attacks of some kind or other.
(S. S. Times.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.